We can be found in the Southern Hemisphere (of the world and of our school!). In our classroom, we try to imitate some of the noble characteristics of a Lion.
We try to:
• Be brave by facing challenges head on but asking for help if we need it.
• Learn from our mistakes
• Show loyalty to our friends
• Have respect for all living things
• Show strength by controlling our emotions and reactions
Class teachers: Miss Gibson & Mr Lancashire
Support staff: Mrs Richardson & Mrs Wood
PE is on a Monday and Friday. Please ensure your child comes into school wearing their PE kit on these days.
Homework books are requested to be in school on Monday so they can be checked and given back on Tuesday.
The children have log ins for Ed Shed, TTRS and Numbots which all count as points on their homework grid. Please speak to Miss Gibson if you can't log into any of these sites.
Our spelling tests are on a Monday.
There are many ways you can support your child at home. Here are some suggestions about how you could help:
• Encourage your child to talk about what they have learnt at school. You could ask them:
What was your word of the day today?
What spelling rule are your learning this week?
What happened in your story today?
What is your target times table?
• Link learning to real life experiences - encourage them to write shopping lists, read signs around the environment, count out money, talk about what you see when you're out walking, etc.
• Encourage your child to practise and learn their spellings – discuss spelling patterns or rules.
• Learn and practise times table facts and the correlating division facts.
• Learn and practise addition facts and the correlating subtraction facts.
• Listen to your child read, read to them and read with them. Chat about books together. Please see the document below on "Promoting Reading for Pleasure at home".
You may find some of these websites useful to support your child: