Hello and welcome to Penguins!
Penguin class consists of mixed Year 3 and Year 4 children. Penguins live in the Southern hemisphere. In Penguin class: we are a team, we learn from out mistakes, we try our best, we celebrate each other's successes, we respect each other and we create. The adults in our classroom want penguins to imagine the possibilities so that they can find their talents, and the children make us proud every day by their determination to succeed!
Miss M Knight (Class Teacher)
Mrs A Hoult (T.A)
Mrs Kitchingman (T.A)
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
PE for Penguins is Monday. Please ensure your child comes into school wearing their PE kit on this day.
Swimming is on Wednesday mornings. Please can children wear their costumes underneath their uniforms and bring their stuff in a waterproof bag!
Reading books and homework books are requested to be in school on Monday so they can be checked and changed. Please ensure you read with your child at home and leave a comment/signature in their reading record. If your child is a free reader please ensure they still devote some time each night to reading!
OUR CLASS RULES AND REWARDS
Penguin's show me they are ready for learning by showing me 5! To show me 5 they must have:
Eyes on me
Hands, feet and objects still
Ears listening and mind focused
Our class rewards include: whole class reward time, certificates home, star achiever of the week, special mentions in assembly, phone call/ Dojo message to parents and visiting Mr Cahill for a headteacher's sticker.
HOW PARENTS CAN HELP AT HOME
There are many ways you can support your child at home. Here are some suggestions about how you could help:
- Encourage your child to talk about what they have learnt at school.
- Link learning to real life experiences - for example if your child is struggling with addition try using coins to help them. Research has shown that a child will be more successful in their learning if they can make links to real life and it helps them see the value!
- Listen to your child reading – Please try to read on a daily basis with your child and ask them questions about what they have read.
- Encourage your child to practise and learn their spellings– discuss spelling patterns or rules.
- Talk about your child’s homework – discuss the work and ask your child to explain it to you.
- Get your child to login to TTRS or Numbots at home to improve their number fluency!
Year 4 children will complete the multiplication check in June and are expected to know all of their times tables. Maths Frame do a free replica test of the one the children will sit in June. This is a really good resource to help them get used to the format and speed required: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477/Multiplication-Tables-Check
There is a section of our website which has some really useful links for home learning! Please make sure you check this out!