Mrs L Rhodes
Hello and welcome to Snow Leopards!
Snow Leopard class is the Reception class at Swillington Primary.
We live in the Northern hemisphere. Foundation Stage have a can do attitude, when I try I can. We are kind and caring towards our friends and we enjoy working and learning together as one big family.
Adults working in Snow Leopards are:
Mrs L Rhodes
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
PE for Foundation Stage is Wednesday. Please ensure your child comes into school wearing their PE kit on this day. It is important that your child does not come to school wearing jewellery or earrings on this day.
As the year progresses children will get reading books and homework books to take home.
Book bags are requested to be brought to school daily.
Please ensure you read with your child at home as this is an important skill for them to be able to practise. Snow Leopard children will get logins for Numbots and Teach your monster to read to access at home.
OUR CLASS RULES AND REWARDS
We follow our school rules which are:
Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
Use positive language
The class rewards include: whole class reward time, certificates home, moving up to the rainbow, achiever of the week, special mentions in assembly and visiting Mr Cahill for headteachers sticker.
HOW PARENTS CAN HELP AT HOME
There are many ways you can support your child at home. Here are some suggestions about how you could help:
• Encourage your child to talk about what they have learnt at school.
• Link learning to real life experiences - encourage them to write shopping lists, read signs around the environment, count out money etc.
• Listen to your child reading – Please try to read on a daily basis with your child and ask them questions about what they have read.
• Encourage your child to practise and learn their spellings – discuss spelling patterns or rules.
• Talk about your child’s homework – discuss the work and ask your child to explain it to you.
You may find some of these websites useful to support your child: