Hello and welcome to Snow Leopards!
Snow Leopard class is the Reception class at Swillington Primary. Snow Leopards live in the Northern hemisphere. In Snow Leopard class we have a can do attitude, when I try I can. We are kind and caring towards our friends and we enjoy working and learning together as one big family.
Adults working in Snow Leopard class are:
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
PE for Snow Leopards is Wednesday. Please ensure your child comes into school wearing their PE kit on this day. It is important that your child does not come to school wearing jewellery or earrings on this day.
Reading books and homework books are requested to be in school on Wednesday so they can be checked and changed. Please ensure you read with your child at home and leave a comment/signature in their reading record. They will be handed out on Friday. Children have got logins for Numbots and Teach your monster to read to access at home.
OUR CLASS RULES AND REWARDS
Snow Leopards follow our school rules which are:
Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself
Use positive language
The class rewards include: whole class reward time, certificates home, moving up to the rainbow, achiever of the week, special mentions in assembly and visiting Mr Cahill for headteachers sticker.
HOW PARENTS CAN HELP AT HOME
There are many ways you can support your child at home. Here are some suggestions about how you could help:
• Encourage your child to talk about what they have learnt at school.
• Link learning to real life experiences - encourage them to write shopping lists, read signs around the environment, count out money etc.
• Listen to your child reading – Please try to read on a daily basis with your child and ask them questions about what they have read.
• Encourage your child to practise and learn their spellings – discuss spelling patterns or rules.
• Talk about your child’s homework – discuss the work and ask your child to explain it to you.
You may find some of these websites useful to support your child: